Thursday 1 November 2012

Publishers here I come! - Book synopsis

I did it! I've sent out a second round of manuscripts now I've made some changes to the order of the book. There's still a decent amount of proof reading that needs to happen but the first three chapters are wending their way towards agents.

Let's see if I can beat J.K. and get a book deal in under 12 rejections. :-/

I've written a brief synopsis for everyone who keeps asking me about the book. I've cut it down from what I send to agents and publishers as I don't want to give too much away.

Enjoy!

Synopsis for Strange Chronicles: The Mighty Orange-Peel by Themo H. Peel
The Mighty Orange-Peel(sic) is the story of a boy named Gemmy who lives in Bansho Island City. His parents are famous scientists and have been hiding a dark secret from him that will completely change his world.

Gemmy has always been an outcast. But he and his best friend Sem take their otherness in stride; Gemmy for being a burgeoning young genius who seems to cause catastrophes where ever he goes and Sem for being the only female on an all-male sports team. Through their friendship they discover their own true strengths which they will need when Gemmy’s world explodes.

Gemmy begins to experience terrible static shocks that not only give him headaches but soon cause accidents that endanger the life of his family and friends. He’s desperate to find answers when unhappy revelations are thrust upon him in the form of the main protagonist, Mhetli, a psychotic mercenary for the Morgengarde.

How will he escape the dogged attacks from Mhetli? What betrayals await him as he pieces together what is happening to him? In the end, Gemmy is forced to confront his parents and what he really is. But to get to the truth he’ll have to go through Mhetli and the many operatives of Morgengarde.

Read other excerpts from the book:
Chapter 18: Invasion 
Chapter 9: Explode
Chapter 24: Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment