Monday 29 June 2015

Final drawings

Well folks, here it is: The first completed drawing for Spirit Shear
Themo H Peel - Gemmy and Sem ride on bus
The guys away on summer holiday
Island sunshine
Come explore Garz Isle
Sem dress shopping with friends
Sem gets a makeover
It's not just the first drawing I've completed but the first illustration in the book! This time Gemmy and Sem are on adventure away from home. To get there they'll have to travel the length of the country. And, while Gemmy practices using his powers electromagnetically levitating a penny Sem sleeps with her face pressed against the window.

The other two are scenes from the book. They're all in varying states of completion. But, much like the writing, I'm drafting them and getting them to a fit state then moving on to the next. I'll then go back and edit and improve to bring them more to life if I can.

It's going to be a long trip and an even longer summer for me doing drawings and editing the book. Let's hope I don't look as exhausted as Sem by the end of it!

Hope you enjoy!




Buy Book 1, 'Black Star' on Amazon in the UK and US
Check out Themo on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment