Wednesday 26 November 2014

Christmas colours

So, I've rounded Chapter 9 and my goal is to at least get the first 10 done by Christmas. Shouldn't be a problem between all the holiday parties (Thanksgiving tomorrow, Channukah on 18th, Tree trimmings, food prep and gift making and wrapping).

But, one thing I need to do by week end is get this Holiday card finished and off to the printers!!

Now that Hoba is designed and sorted the actual character work has begun. In Gemmy's world their holiday colours are Gold/orange (for light), Purple (for wisdom) and Green (for spring). So, it's been fun designing holiday themed clothing that would look festive in their world and ours.
Themo H Peel - Holiday
Mhetli and Sem's holiday outfits
Inky hands - Themo H PeelMhetli is more in the spirit and Sem pretty much does her own thing.

It's been fun using more traditional means of illustrating. One thing I've really enjoyed is using the light box and doing final drawings in ink. I have the filthy hands to prove it!

They produce suck crisp clean final drawing that are beautiful in themselves.

I've still been doing digital colouring in photoshop but have been using a 'marker' technique to get closer to Kishimoto-sensei's style. But, hey, I've still got to be me. :)

Here are the ink drawings of Gemmy and Hoba for the card as well:
Themo H Peel - Holiday Hoba - Themo H Peel - Holiday



Enjoy!



Buy 'Black Star' on Amazon in the UK and US
Check out Themo on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment