Tuesday 24 July 2012

Walk on the wild side

Here are some sketches of Polin Gulsse one of Gemmy's classmates.


I actually did this drawing last November but was hemming and hawing about a name for him. His name originally was 'Marte Jemp' and then I realised I had about five characters with 'M' names. It wasn't until I was chatting with a mate (who we call Pol) that I realised Pol was actually the perfect name!

Pol in the book is one of Gemmy's classmates. He's incredibly enthusiastic, an excellent fighter and a bit of a class clown. He's obsessed with Rhe'zan culture and has adopted the haircut of Rhe'zan warriors (yes, he looks a bit like a jedi padiwan). Similar to how academics have hair and chin tufts, warriors sport a pony tail. Pol has also shaved his head so that he has a tuft of hair at the top similar to how a Rhe'zan mane naturally sprouts and an earring. He attends the military academy but is part of Gemmy's endo class.

You can see Pol in all of his butt-kicking awesomeness in my post 'New and Improved'.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment